Prenatal Pregnancy Massage
Pregnant women watch their body change and experience new feelings including aches and pains with each passing month. Thanks to the increased popularity of Prenatal Massage pregnancy today has become much easier. Please discuss massage therapy with your OBGYN prior to making your first massage appointment. We offer Sidelying Techniques, the Pregnancy Body Cushion, the Oakworks Incline Table and Preggo Pillow for comfortable sessions and expecting moms.
Prenatal massage shares many of the goals of regular massage — to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility, and just make you feel good. But it's also tailored specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies, and therapists who are trained in prenatal massage adjust their techniques accordingly.
A massage technique specifically designed for pregnant women to help relieve common pregnancy discomforts and promote mother and baby's wellbeing. Pregnancy massage is very gentle and effective and has many benefits for the mother, such as increasing energy, easing aches and pains, slowing the process of varicose veins, reducing fluid retention and releasing stress. Pregnancy massage can also help labour preparation by teaching the mother to consciously release tension and focus on relaxation breathing techniques, as well as releasing tension in the lower back and abdomen.
- emotional support
- nurturing touch
- stress relief on Feet, lower back, pelvis and hips
- neck and back pain relief
- assistance in maintaining proper posture
- preparing the muscles used during childbirth
- reduced swelling in hands and feet
- lessened sciatic pain
- fewer calf cramps
- headache and sinus congestion relief
- Reduction of stress
- Increase blood and lymph circulation
- supports gestation by Supporting the work of the heart, cellular respiration
- Facilitates post partum realignment of spine and pelvis and the rehabilitation of the abdominal muscles.